Status Update, 2010-07-16
This is the twelfth of a series of technical status updates intended to inform a technical audience on progress in signing the root zone of the DNS.
Details of the project, including documentation published to date, can be found at http://www.root-dnssec.org/.
We’d like to hear from you. If you have feedback for us, please send it to email@example.com.
FULL PRODUCTION SIGNED ROOT ZONE
The transition from Deliberately-Unvalidatable Root Zone (DURZ) to production signed root zone took place on 2010-07-15 at 2050 UTC. The first full production signed root zone had SOA serial 2010071501. There have been no reported harmful effects. The root zone trust anchor can be found at https://data.iana.org/root-anchors/.
PLANNED DEPLOYMENT SCHEDULE
- 2010-01-27: L starts to serve DURZ
- 2010-02-10: A starts to serve DURZ
- 2010-03-03: M, I start to serve DURZ
- 2010-03-24: D, K, E start to serve DURZ
- 2010-04-14: B, H, C, G, F start to serve DURZ
- 2010-05-05: J start to serve DURZ
- 2010-06-16: First Key Signing Key (KSK) Ceremony
- 2010-07-12: Second Key Signing Key (KSK) Ceremony
- 2010-07-15: Distribution of validatable, production, signed root zone; publication of root zone trust anchor